CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Year's Post

Hey guys,

So it's 2013. We survived the end of the world (again) and unfortunately that means we actually have to start getting into the swing of a new year. Damn.

I guess I should talk about stuff related to 2012 ending and 2013 starting then. So in my usual style I'm going to do this in the form of a meme. Here we go:

1) Was 2012 a good year for you?
Yes, it was. I did a lot of growing this year.

2) What was your favourite moment of the year?
I think I'll go with "event" over "moment", and that will be getting together with Alex. Best decision I think I've ever made.

3) What was your least favourite moment of the year?
Oh God... honestly I don't know for sure. I've been having a lot of trouble keeping in touch with my friends this year, and I think that's something that I'm going to have to change in the coming months.

4) Where were you when 2012 began? Who were you with?
I was in Joe's basement hanging out with him, Cole, Rachel, and I think James was there, too. I don't think Aaron was at that one, though. I just remember that Joe and I ran off to McDonald's at 4 a.m.

5) Where were you when 2012 ended? Who were you with?
I was in Adrian's basement with him and Alex playing Warhammer Deathwatch. It was glorious.

6) Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions of 2012?
I didn't make any for 2012 because I knew I wouldn't keep them.

7) Do you have a New Year's Resolution for 2013?
Yeah, I want to keep in touch with my friends more and rebuild a few relationships that weren't as strong as they once were. I need to keep people in my life, which is something I've always been bad at. Also, I want to finish my weight-loss goal, I've made it almost halfway, so I'm doing well so far.

8) Did you make any new friends in 2012?
I did, I made friends with Adrian through Alex, and I met a few people through archery.

9) Did you travel outside of the US in 2012?
Considering I live in Canada, yes. New question: Did you travel outside of Canada in 2012? No, I didn't, I didn't get vacation time last year. I get some this year, though, so I'll be using that to adventure.

10) How many different states did you travel to in 2012?
Read: provinces. I didn't travel at all, I stayed in Alberta. I went as far as Banff and Edmonton.

11) Did you lose anybody close to you in 2012?
I did not, thankfully.

12) What was your favourite book you read in 2012?
I really liked "Mr. Pip" by Lloyd Jones. It had such a beautiful outlook on the power of literature and it made me believe more than ever that I'm doing the right thing with my life.

13) What was your favourite movie that you saw in 2012?
I saw... what the hell did I see? "The Avengers", I think was my favourite.

14) What was your favourite TV show that you saw in 2012?
"Downton Abbey" and "Supernatural" were my favourites.

15) What was your favourite music that you heard in 2012?
No shame: One Direction. Their music just makes me happy about life and I think that that's important for me because I haven't been really happy about life for a long time.

16) Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2012?
Not a lot, whenever I felt like, which wasn't more than maybe once or twice a month.

17) Did you do a lot of drugs in 2012?
Not a one. I didn't even end up in the hospital, so I avoided morphine, too!

18) How many people did you date in 2012?
I am so excited that I can finally answer this question with an answer that isn't "no one." I started dating Alex this year. He is the only one and I'm okay with this because of reasons.

19) Did you do anything you were ashamed of this year?
Probably. I don't remember it off hand, but I'm sure I did, I always do.

20) What was the biggest lie you told in 2012?
I don't even know, man. I try not to lie at all. Sometimes I avoid saying anything, but I don't equate silence on a subject to lying about it.

21) What was the worst lie someone told you in 2012?
Hell if I know. I command the same respect I give, so I don't find people lying to me all that often.

22) Did you treat somebody badly in 2012?
If I did, it wasn't intentional. If anything, I've been trying to be really considerate this year because I'm very often not.

23) Did somebody treat you badly in 2012?
No, the people in my life are pretty fantastic.

24) How much money did you spend in 2012?
Probably more than I should have, particularly on food. Who needs to eat?

25) What was your most embarrassing moment of 2012?
I haven't the foggiest. I try to forget those kinds of things.

26) If you could go back and change one thing in 2012, what would it be?
I don't believe in changing the past, I feel like it shapes who I am and I wouldn't want to be any different than I am now.

27) What are your plans for 2013?
I want to get a start on one of my serious books this year. I want to at least make a dent in one of them.

28) What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
I'd never kissed a boy before. I also tried Laser Tag for the first time.

29) Did anyone close to you give birth?
Close-ish: my mom's uncle became a grandfather in the last few days of the year.

30) What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
My normal answer would be "boyfriend", but since I've crossed that off the list I guess... I want to have some confidence in my potential in my chosen field.

31) What date from 2012 will remain etched in your memory and why?
Hallowe'en. My first date. And from now on, our agreed upon anniversary. My life is awesome.

32) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I won NaNoWriMo. Don't know if I mentioned that in an earlier post, but I did it. 51001 words in the month of November. I have actually written a book. I'm not a wanna-be writer anymore!

33) What was your biggest failure?
I'm not trying hard enough at school. I know that's a huge pitfall and I plan on fixing that.

34) What was the best thing you bought?
My Sherlock teas.

35) Whose behaviour merited celebration?
I feel like mine did, I wasn't a massive bitch this year! Or at least, not as much as I was other years. I am improving.

36) Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Someone who I'm closer than I ever like admitting.

37) Compared to this time last year are you:
i) happier or sadder: happier for sure!
ii) thinner or fatter: thinner by 24 lbs.
iii) richer or poorer: poorer but only because of Christmas debt.

38) What do you wish you'd done more of?
Living. I only cared about school, work, and the internet this year. I want to have more fun in 2013.

39) What do you wish you'd done less of?
Pointless browsing on the internet. If I was going to be on the computer it could at least have been productive writing.

40) How did you spend Christmas?
At home with my family and my brother's godmother and her husband. It was lovely.

41) What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I got my girlfriends together and we went to Milestone's for dinner. I turned 19.

42) What was your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Somewhere between hipster, modern, and... I'll call it "Edwardian Fusion". It was a good year for fashion.

43) What kept you sane?
Probably Tumblr.

44) Which celebrity figure did you admire the most?
Josh Hutcherson. He's been saying things about people being gay and how it doesn't matter in the least and I think that people need to start listening and get their heads out of their asses.

45) What news story do you remember most from 2012?
The recent shooting in America where 27 kids were killed is one that comes to mind.

46) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
If you learn to love yourself as you are on your own, you will end up being happier and more able to function normally in a relationship. My father told my mother this when they started dating and she's been telling it to me since. I realized this year that there is more truth in that than I imagined.

47) Quote a song lyric.
"This place was in horrible shape,
And no one wanted to see,
But that's when,
Hope rose up again,
To shake us all from our sleep.
And we woke up singing,
Get up, get up, there's time, there's time,
Get up, get up, and fight, and fight,
Get up, get up, and see the light,
That was on the day,
The day we saved the world." - Sarah Slean, "The Day We Saved The World"


Well, there's my New Year's post, I don't expect anyone to have read through that, I know I won't be re-reading it, so, yeah.

Have a good 2013, everyone, and I'll see you when I see you.

~Alexandra

0 comments: