CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Night Immediately Following Christmas

Hello there,

Long time no see, eh? I'm sorry I've been gone for so long, but it's probably for the best. I fell into a deep bout of fangirling to keep myself warm at night since I last posted, so it wasn't a pretty thing to watch.

Things have been looking up recently, though. For instance, I've gotten myself a boyfriend. His name is, if you'll believe me, also Alex. He is excellent. We've been dating since Halloween. He's an amazing guy, he's smart, funny, extremely chivalrous, and overall a really nice guy. And he thinks I'm funny. And pretty. What is happening to my life?!

I wrote a book. Yeah, I never thought I'd say it either. I wrote a 221 page, 51,001 word manuscript in November for NaNoWriMo. It's a ghost story. It's crap. It need major revisions, but I think that I might be able to make something out of it if I actually sit down to work on it some. But hey, getting the first one punched out is the best place to start, right?

I'm making leaps and bounds in my German courses as well, I can carry on a semi-intelligent conversation with my father, a native German, and he says I'm doing really well, so I think that's the seal of approval. I'm very excited about this because it's been my plan for a long time to run away to Germany and hang out there for a while to interact with my people and be awesome for a while. It'll be much easier to do that if I can speak the language before I go in the first place.

I think that's about it for now, I'm just playing around with the iPad I inherited from my father for Christmas before I go to bed. I've got an 8 hour shift tomorrow (technically today, Boxing Day) after which I'm running off to the airport to pick up Alex, who's coming home from Montreal where he spent the holidays. And so I will say goodnight, as I should probably be somewhat alert for tomorrow.

I hope you guys have had a good year and I will try to get back to posting more frequently in the future.

All the best,
~Alexandra

0 comments: